We offer a variety of ways to avoid the monthly service fee
If you meet any of the criteria below, the monthly service fee* is waived:
- The monthly service fee is waived if your household maintains balances of $1,000.00 or more in combined deposits and loans.**
- The monthly service fee is waived if at least one checking account in your household is active. An "active" checking account is defined as 10 (ten) or more transactions per month.***
- The monthly service fee is waived for six months for new Members to allow time to grow relationships and to transfer accounts from other financial institutions.
- The monthly service fee is waived if you have an insurance or investment relationship with 7 17 Retirement & Investment Group.
- Monthly service fee is waived for all Members under age 26.
- Monthly service fee is waived for one year if a Member is active military with proper documentation.
- Monthly service fee is waived for any Member with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Members may submit an application to avoid the monthly service fee, if you meet certain requirements: Household income is $30,000 or less, Members must have direct deposit, and have or sign-up for eStatements. For more information, please call or ask a Member Service Representative at your nearest branch office.
*Per our Service Charge Schedule.
**To calculate household balances, we use the combined month-end deposit and loan balances for members of a household. A household consists of all 7 17 members residing at the same mailing address.
***Reaching ten or more transactions per month: For a transaction to be counted, it must post to your checking account by the end of the current month and must be a monetary transaction, which can include, but is not limited to, deposits, transfers, cash withdrawals, cleared checks, online or mobile bill payments, and ACH payments; balance inquiries and fees are not counted as a transaction.