7 17 Credit Union Announces Use of Masked Account Numbers
Learn about enhanced security for your account.
7 17 Credit Union to Use Masked Account Numbers
Last updated on March 13, 2023
Protecting your finances and personal data are of utmost importance to us. We have enhanced our data security system to increase controls around your account data to better protect you, our Member.
From May 1, 2023, you will see your account numbers will be partially masked in all your statements. This is being done in conjunction with 7 17's Operating System Conversion. Please refer to the table below as an example.
Masked account numbers will appear on documents like mailed member statements and notices.
Important updates for viewing a masked account number:
- Shorter account numbers will be zero filled.
- Longer account number will be masked and only show the last four digits of the account number.
Sample of masked accounts numbers:
IMPORTANT: Members will not have the option to receive their account number by contacting the call center (Teleservices department).
Members who need access to their full account number have these options:
- View your eStatements
- Requires sign up if you do not already have this service.
- Visit any 7 17 Credit Union branch lobby during regular hours.
- Request a letter from the 7 17 Compliance department.